[Coco] Software determination Coco1/2 or Coco3

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Sep 15 00:37:45 EDT 2017

1 CLS
10 V=PEEK(&HFFFE)
20 IF V=&H8C THEN PRINT “COCO3” ELSE PRINT “COCO1/2”

What I have been trying to figure out is if there is any way to determine if the machine is a CoCo 1, or a CoCo 2 so HDBDOS can set the correct baud rate on a CoCo 1. Right now I just run at the lower rate to be safe. I would even settle for a routine that queries the serial port and checks the response from DriveWire, but I haven’t gotten around to writing that yet.