[Coco] Forth

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 14:09:27 EDT 2017

2017/09/09 21:12 "Carlos Camacho":

> Please do upload your Forth to the CoCo Archive. Don't want to see it
lost.

> cheers
> Carlos

I'll post it when I can get a working monitor and some time, with
instructions for using it.

What is out there is a bit confusing, but I'll go ahead and give some links:

bif-c is a C language version which is not presently very useful:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bif-c/

(I want to try compiling it with a 6809 compiler some time, to see what
happens, whether the object could be small enough to run, and such. But for
this group, that's a red herring.)

bif-6809 is the 6809 version which is functional, but you have to extract
the assembly language source and asemble it with either edtasm+ disk or
lwtools:

https://sourceforge.net/p/bif-c/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/BIF/

There's also a manual, of sorts, in BIFDOC.TXT. BIF.ASM is the file to
assemble, it includes the rest.

(A floppy disk image or two was once available on delphi, somewhere.)

The fig-Forth 6800 model source which could run on the MC-10 is part of my
6800 asembler, asm68c:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/asm68c/

again in a sub-directory:

https://sourceforge.net/p/asm68c/code/ci/master/tree/fig-forth/

s1/s9 object is there, as well, in the .x.goal files. None of those are
assembled specifically for the MC-10. Simple driver patches into the ROM
inch, outch, and keyboard break routines are needed.

(I had it running on the micro-chroma 68, which was the MC-10, but with a
6802 and a timer. I hand assembled that, and I don't have the listing any
more.)

--Joel Rees

http://reiisi.blogspot.com