[Coco] DSKINI glitch while using physical drive 1 and SDC DOS 1.5

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 17:37:57 EDT 2017

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Arthur Flexser wrote:

> I used the speed detection method within DSKCON of counting how many
> horizontal interrupts occurred while a short loop executed.  I can send
> this very short routine if you like.

Thanks Art, but SDC-DOS already has code in place to detect the current CPU
speed.  I use it for the CoCo3 DriveWire client to determine if normal
speed needs to be restored after executing the 115 kbps bit-banger code at
double speed.

I would prefer not having to rely on double-speed to solve the DSKINI
problem because it also needs to work on a CoCo 1 and 2. It’s possible to
run SDC-DOS in Map Type 1 (All RAM) on a 64K machine, in which case the
address-dependent speed mode has no effect.

- Darren