[Coco] mcx-32

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 00:06:46 EDT 2017

>From the Disk Microcolor Basic 2.4 documentaion (in the MCX-32 package):

--
This version of BASIC provides disk-based file operations on 720K (double
density) 3.5 inch floppy disks. Disks must be formatted for use with the
FAT12 file system and an allocation cluster size of 4K (eight 512 byte
sectors per cluster). A DSKINI command is provided to format disks in this
fashion. Only files in the root directory may be accessed from BASIC (a
maximum of 112 files per disk). Long file names are not supported.
--

I tested it with a pretty standard 3.5" 720K floppy drive, didn't get
around to try it with any other type(s). Have a long overdue follow up to a

The one to say if the interface supports any other type of drive is its
designer: Darren Atkinson. He hangs around this list so there is a good
chance he will chip in :-)

-- RP