[Coco] CoCoTALK! podcast all caught up!

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri Sep 1 09:53:45 EDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 09:32:53PM -0400, Steve Strowbridge wrote:
> Thanks Mark, I was going to say something similar, I start with the video
> before I convert that to audio because it's easier for me to literally see
> what I'm doing to edit.
>
> I try to go about every 20-30 minutes and insert a break, but I have to
> find a point that is the most sensible to break at, so that may vary.
>
> I then usually throw in a bumper and then may 30-60 seconds worth of
> commercial or bonus content.
>
> So the arrangement will vary by an increasing amount of time further
> through the show.
>
> When I listen to the coco crew, I just listen to the entire episode as my
> time permits and my podcast player picks up where I left off.  I usually
> don't worry about what is going to happen when, I just listen as I can and
> soak it all in.

Maybe we should go the opposite directions -- just insert the shownotes
as video to stare at while the episode audio plays. Every so often
the shownotes would scroll a bit, and maybe we could even add a
highlighter on whatever line is "current" in the audio...

But, hey...I'm the idea guy! What we need is a cheap, Canadian labour
force to pull it off! ;-)

John