[Coco] Altera DE1 for sale

tim franklinlabs.com tim at franklinlabs.com
Sat Oct 21 10:29:30 EDT 2017

   If needed, the entire CD for the DE1 is available here..
   [1]http://hamblen.ece.gatech.edu/DE1/

     On October 21, 2017 at 9:23 AM Rob Rosenbrock wrote:
     FWIW:
     I'm taking a closer look at it today. My board is actually in
     excellent shape; apart from the broken plexiglass, it looks almost
     new.
     I connected it to a monitor and the (included) power supply. When I
     pressed SW11, (with SW12 in the RUN position,) the monitor came
     alive with the Altera demo screen and the LEDs began their chase
     sequence. The 7-segment displays began counting from 0-F. Pressing
     Key0 reset the demo, and SW0 displayed a color test screen. When I
     connected a speaker to the headphone jack, I got a normal tone. SW11
     stops and starts the demo.
     In my box, I received the DE1, a CDROM, USB cable, and the power
     supply. I did not receive any documentation (other than the CD), nor
     a jumper wire. Frankly, we only need the board and the power supply
     - the rest is easily obtained or is irrelevant; the software is
     downloaded. Despite my OCD I'm pleased.
     Looking at the board, SRAM 512KB is a IS61LV25616AL-10 which (as far
     as I can tell) is the older version. The newer boards used the
     IS61WV25616EDBLL-10. I don't anticipate any issues.
     It's not much of a gamble. Stakes aren't very high.