[Coco] CPU Upgrades

Richard Lorbieski rlorbieski at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 01:43:18 EDT 2017

If those who wish to upgrade their CoCo2 or CoCo3 from a 6809 to a 6309 CPU, I will be more than happy to upgrade your CPU PLUS replace all the electrolytic caps on the motherboard.

The cost is $45 ($10 more to cover postage for Canada) which includes:

New Hitachi 6309 CPU and socket
New Electrolytic Capacitors
Original 6809 CPU returned intact
Return Shipping (Motherboard Only)*

For additional $12, I will replace the all single wipe sockets with more reliable double wipe sockets. This includes either 128K or 16/64K RAM sockets if applicable. This does not include Tandy or 3rd party 512K boards or other 3rd party add-on products.

This price only applies to working CoCos. Each board is tested prior to upgrading. I also do repairs but the cost will vary.

I did several CPU upgrades at Tandy Assembly and I managed to save every 6809 CPU that I unsoldered and upgraded.

If interested, you can contact me via email rlorbieski at gmail.com .

*Send me the motherboard only. If you wish to send the entire CoCo, additional postage will apply. Shipping from zip code 78245 (San Antonio, Texas)