[Coco] I've killed my CoCo3

dwight.bazinet dwight.bazinet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 10:43:43 EDT 2017

Hi Ed,

I used to have a full pace kit available to me n my work lab.  I much
prefered the vacuum desoldering tool (not the plunger, but the vacuum with
the solder filter).  I wouldn't even clip the pins, it would do that good a
job cleaning them up.  I used just a small amount of liquid flux prior to
heat, and then it would melt right away an hen vacuum, which also drew away
the flux.

However, I cn't afford a full Pace kit at home.  I haven't ot one of the
cheaper stations because I don't know how well they work, so I use a
plunger.  If I was going to do a lot of work I would get sone liquid flux.

Do you prefer braid over a proper vacuum tool?