[Coco] Example of MIDI to CoCo converter I'm working on

Glen Hewlett glen.hewlett at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 17 16:10:18 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I just want to say that I will be trying out Steve’s new CoCo forum as I see it can be very useful for certain types of coding projects.  But I don’t want it to replace this list or Facebook.

This is an example video showing the output of a MIDI file (Riders on the Storm by the Doors) converted with a tool I'm working on that let's you select two tracks from a MIDI file and converts it to the format needed for Simon Jonassen's Background CoCo music player he calls dipole.asm.  I've added some video effects to show it is multitasking.  I want to expand the output of the program so it can be used with John Linville's Game Master Cartridge and hopefully also work with Ed Snider's CoCo PSG cartridge.

To read more about the tool and it's progress head over to the new CoCo forum:
http://retrofanatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8

Link to sample video:
https://youtu.be/oJV53urcsXE <https://youtu.be/oJV53urcsXE>

Cheers,