[Coco] A New CoCo Forum, just what we need?

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 19:16:31 EDT 2017

I am not sure this is a + or -, that is left to each persons opinion.

I am on Facebook, Google+, IRC, Skype, Discord, CoCoLIST, YahooIM, AIM, and
a few other services.

There are good points and bad points about every single thing.

The Facebook group yes is good, but for me it is hard to get a category
listing especially on older posts easily.  I have not found a easy way to
get just topic listings of the posts in Facebook groups.  If there is
please correct me and explain how to do this.

The CoCoLIST, yes you can search using the master website for the list, but
then you run into some peoples email clients seem to start new threads when
they reply which makes it hard to keep track of conversations when in the
end you have 10+ threads for the same topic name.

What I was hoping is we could find a easy to use forum for everyone that:
1) would make categorizing topics easier
2) Allow for long term search ability
3) Allow for possible sharing of example code
4) Easily see status of projects of those developers who have posted their
projects

It is just something we are all going to have to decide what is right of
each of us.  There is a place for each type of information, but I hate to
say it there is never going to be one solution that will make everyone
happy.