[Coco] Chromebook coco emulation

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Thu Oct 5 00:40:22 EDT 2017

> Rietveld Rietveld
> Wed Oct 4 12:37:55 EDT 2017
>
> Pls note that DOSBOX is free but DOSBOX TURBO is a payed apk. Both are readily available but I do not condone the download and use of pirated apk's.
Since DOSBOX is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.0 that means you are allowed to download and use a copy of any software that is derived from it or contains portions of it’s code under the terms of that license. In other words, although the makers of DOSBOX turbo are allowed to sell you the application, under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.0 they can not prevent you from copying the program from somewhere else and using that copy. If anyone tells you otherwise, please let me know, since I contributed some (small but not zero) amount of time and effort to that software myself and did not do so with the intention of having someone else steal the code and sell it as their project while denying you the right to obtain it from another source. Again, they can sell product, they do not, however, have the right to prevent you from copying it if you choose to. I have quoted some relevant parts of the license below.

1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.

You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.

2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:

a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.
b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.