[Coco] [CoCo] The Trials to disable RS232 Status

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 11:03:54 EDT 2017

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Darren A <mechacoco at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 1:37 AM, David Ladd  wrote:
>

> ​<cut>​
>

> David, not a big deal, but you could cut the number of POKEs in half by
> changing the two instructions to BRN rather than NOPs.
>
> POKE &HA2C7,&H21:POKE &HA2F7,&H21

​You know, I wonder how hard it would be to intercept the LINE PRINTER
routines so that way it might be possible to send the LINE PRINTER stuff
through DriveWire printer routines?  Reason I am just now thinking of this
is that with the DriveWire version of HDBDOS or your SDC-DOS that has
access to DriveWire 4 to redirect the LINE PRINTER output.

I already know there are drivers in NitrOS-9 for using it so no biggy
there.  Just thinking that haven't seen this support for Disk Basic yet.
Or if there has been I have missed it.

What do you think?

> - Darren

​

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |