[Coco] CocoPi3 "PacoOtaktay Winter 2017-2018 Edition" now available

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 22:03:16 EST 2017

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Glen Hewlett <glen.hewlett at sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> Is it possible for me to assemble a CoCo program on my Mac using Lwasm and
> put the binary file inside the Drivewire shared .DSK file and LOADM it
> directly on a real CoCo that has access to same the .DSK file on drive wire?

There are a few ways to do it, but the easiest is to turn on the "sync
from" option for the drive you have the .dsk mounted in.  This will cause
Drivewire to check the .dsk before each read and update it's cached version
if anything has changed.  Use the toolshed util or any method you'd like to
update the .dsk with your new binary at the end of your lwasm process, and
the next loadm on the Coco should see it.

It's an option in the gui, you can find it by either double clicking on the
drive and then toggling the "Sync From" button on the disk drive thing, or
you can right click on the drive and choose parameters from the menu, then
scroll down to syncfrom and enabled it.   There is a bit of explanation of
this and other handy options there in the parameters section. You can also
do this from the os9 side with "dw disk set X syncfrom true" where X is the
drive.

Happy Thanksgiving
-Aaron