[Coco] Making OS-9/NitrOS9 more user friendly Facebook group discussion

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Nov 18 12:03:49 EST 2017

On Nov 18, 2017, at 10:41 AM, David Gettle <david17361 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In OS9 level2 there was a boot file creation utility (I think it was called
> config) on the configuration disk that can work with OS9level1 and NitrOS9

Oh yeah! We all forget that the Tandy version actually had what we want! But none of us ever used it back then because if you didn’t have multiple floppies, it would require thousands of disk swaps :)

Maybe it’s time to revisit this. It was the user friendly method. But I don’t know anyone who ever used it. I remember using it once when I first got in to OS-9 but it took forever due to me only have 128K at the time and one floppy.