[Coco] Drivewire 4 vs. Java 9

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 18 11:11:34 EST 2017

Sorry, two corrections :

I mean, "those that use DW4UI.sh"... you're on Windows, therefore (unless you
install a unix kit) you don't have an interpreter for .sh files... I didn't see
an equivalent ".bat" file. What you have to run is the .exe, but that doesn't
seem to contain much more than the equivalent of a .bat file that does the same
command as the .sh file. But that's just a deprecation warning.

The real problem, though, is the part about ClassCastException, which I forgot
to read in your email, sorry. The only part where URLClassLoader is explicitly
mentioned in the source code is at
./DriveWireUI/src/com/groupunix/drivewireui/plugin/PluginLoader.java , which
means any Java programmer (having Java 9.x) could take care of it on any OS (it
does not involve recompiling anything platform-specific.