[Coco] Making OS-9/NitrOS9 more user friendly Facebook group discussion

Alex Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Fri Nov 17 12:39:53 EST 2017

   It shouldn't be any different, but it is. I have never had any trouble
   building boot floppies, even just using the original OS-9 level 2 disks
   (other than the BLOB), but using anything else as a boot device has
   proven problematic. This includes, among other things, booting from an
   80 Meg SCSI drive with 256 byte sectors and booting off CF in the
   SuperIDE (I am stuck using an older version of NitrOS9).
   On Nov 17, 2017 09:23, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

     On Nov 17, 2017, at 10:21 AM, Theodore (Alex) Evans
     <alxevans at concentric.net> wrote:

     > Will your BootMajik be able to create boot images for large
     devices such
     > as those supported by various old hard drive controllers, Glenside
     IDE,
     > Super IDE (physical hard drive and CF card)? In my experience
     these are
     > much more of a problem than creating a custom boot floppy.
     If booting from a ROM like HDB-DOS and using LINK.BAS it shouldnât
     be any different.
     But if using the boot and run from CoCoSDC, it is because the tools
     are not meant for hard drives and donât handle large sectors. Heâd
     have to be writing LSN0 information himself.