[Coco] Mark McDougall's CoCo 1/2 FPGA Project

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 14 21:19:57 EST 2017

On 15/11/2017 11:50 AM, Dave Philipsen wrote:

> The EP2C5 eBay boards only have about 14.5K of internal block RAM. If
> you disassembled both the CB and ECB ROMs and then re-assembled
> eliminating some stuff you don't need you *might* get them to fit but
> then you would have no memory for font tables or anything else.

Without external RAM you won't get close to running any sort of Coco
emulation on a 2C5.

There's also no video...

> I don't know what the requirements are for Pace.

The default configuration is to load the ROMs (including HDBDOS) into
on-chip RAM and use external (S)RAM to emulate the Coco DRAM.

Also without any storage you're stuck without any means to load/save
programs, so pretty useless, unless you somehow rig up a Drivewire server.

The EP3C16 board o the waveshare site has (just) enough block RAM but
again - no video, no storage.

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall