[Coco] OS9 Pascal

Theodore (Alex) Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Thu Nov 9 20:37:58 EST 2017

On 11/09/2017 05:02 PM, Joel Rees wrote:

> FWIW, it was really primitive, very few conveniences beyond the
> modularization OS-9 provided, which was not the same that Turbo, etc. made
> popular. I found myself prefering BASIC-09 to the Pascal.

OS-9 Pascal conforms pretty closely to ISO Pascal as described in Jensen
and Wirth's Pascal User Manual and Report.  I used it for my first
undergraduate CS courses in 1985 and 1986. If it is primitve, it is
because that is the way the standard was. There are a couple things that
it doesn't support (packed arrays for instance), but generally they are
of little to no use in the OS-9 environment (packed arrays, if
implemented would be identical to "normal" arrays on the CoCo).