[Coco] CoCo 3 power supply

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Mon Nov 6 20:21:22 EST 2017

Actually, I think you're right in referring to it as a 19 volt
transformer as the 19 volts refers to an RMS voltage.  The true peak
voltage is almost 30 volts and the peak-to-peak is almost 60 volts.
However, you'll only read half of the RMS value on each of the outer
ends when compared to the center tap so:

9.5VAC  -  0  -  9.5VAC

My CoCo 3 transformer reads 21 VAC across the ends and 10.5 VAC from the
tap to either end making it a 21 VAC center-tapped transformer. Like this:

10.5VAC  -  0  -  10.5VAC

Dave