[Coco] Soldering Irons

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at ramoth.org.uk
Sat Nov 4 20:35:11 EDT 2017

On 04/11/2017 04:41, rcrislip wrote:
> Hello, What would be a good soldering iron for circuit board work? What
> heat, watts, Brand, etc. TIA

Sending again, as I forgot to click reply list.....

I personally use the Hakko FX-888D this one :

https://www.hakko.com/english/products/hakko_fx888d.html

Generally run it at 370C it's really quick to get to temperature from
switch on approx 20-30 seconds.

Be careful if you do decide to get one and make sure you get a genuine
Hakko iron as there are a lot of cheap clones around (especially on ebay).

Cheers.

Phill.