[Coco] Robocop on the cocoflash

Rietveld Rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Thu May 4 19:42:11 EDT 2017

If you are programming the cocoflash u may have noticed that the size of the predator and robocop make  them problematic to flash

I have found two ways to get around the size restrictions of the. Dsk's.

The first is relatively simple but requires some physical hardware, the second only involves some file manipulation but is a bit more time consuming

My preferred method required me to use wimgtool to create a blank.  Dsk named robocop. I then added  robocop.ccc then copied ‎it to my SDC 's SD card. Mount the robocop dsk then do a drive 1 off and open the robocop dsk and copy the robocop file to drive 1. Which in my case is a physical 720k. Now mount prgflash.dsk to drive 0(virtual) and copy all of the files from it to the physical disk in drive 1.
Run 'split.bas ' and u will end up with 8 (16k) files named robocop.007- robo‎cop.000. Start with the highest number (.007) and run 'conv2bin ' then 'prgflash.bas '.
Do this for all 8 files (high to low)  making sure to flash each .bin as it is 'converted'

That's it

Method 2

Use Linux split command to create 8 (16) blocks totaling 128k

Use

Split -b 16

To create ‎8 (16k) files. Rename them robocop.007, robocop.006 ect..    then use wimgtool to add them 2 blocks at a time to prgflash.dsk. Remember to add them highest (.007) to lowest (.000).  Then copy to the SD card and convert and flash. Repeat 3 more times for the remaing 2 x (16k) sets

,