[Coco] 3d printed ROM pak case

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Jul 30 04:35:02 EDT 2017

> On Jul 28, 2017, at 17:19, Steve Strowbridge <ogsteviestrow at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For those interested in cartridges without this type of ability, are you
> aware of the already produced injection molded cartridges available from
> the CoCo Crew?
>
> Mike Rowen, Boisey and John Linville are points of contact for those, FYI

I have the ability to print my own cartridge cases, but those injection-molded Super Pak cases are far nicer than anything I could print. I think they're great, they're not too expensive, and I heartily recommend them for any CoCo folks who would like to make their own cartridges in the normal Program Pak form factor. We owe it to ourselves to encourage those guys to keep on doing silly but wonderful things like tooling up to make new injection-molded parts for 30+ year old computers! :)

If you need a case that's longer than a Program Pak (say, for hardware designs that need a longer case, like disk controllers using vintage-sized components), then 3D-printing is still one of the better options. But if you use modern-sized components, you can fit an awful lot of stuff into one of those Super Pak cases.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/