[Coco] CoCo TALK #18 an introduction to OS9

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jul 25 18:37:21 EDT 2017

Wayne, all one has to do is to replace the new tmode, dir etc with the original. They are still valid files and work the same as they always did. There's no rule saying you must use the distro stuff.... or even NitrOS9 for that matter. Personally, if I'm going to use L1, I tend to lean towards the original as the NitrOS9 L1 distro has become a little bloated. I was really happy with vanilla OS9 L2 with all the KD patches, but NitrOS9 fixed a lot of bugs and optimized many things, so for L2, I will stay with NitrOS9 (6809 or 6309).
I use very few of the original OR the NitrOS9 distro cmds as I found better stuff years ago. But I do have copies of both in case I need them. Hell, I'm a packrat and have copies of everything I've run across since the beginning LMAO

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com