[Coco] Somewhat OT: Win10 email client

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Mon Jul 24 12:51:23 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-24 10:01 AM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
> Thunderbird is out:
> 1. No automatic stripping
> 2. No file/folder hierarchy
> 3. Import bug loses mail before 2000 (I have email to 1993).

No doubt (1) and (3) are deal breakers for you. (3) definitely would be
for me.

However, (2) is news to me. I've been having folder hierarchies in
Thunderbird since the beginning. IMAP servers using the old "mbox" file
format typically don't allow messages and sub folders to be at the same
point in the hierarchy, but that doesn't affect Thunderbird's internal
format for local mail storage. (Unless it does something substantially
different on Windows, at least.)