[Coco] CoCo TALK #18 an introduction to OS9

Gregory Law glaw at live.com
Mon Jul 24 07:35:10 EDT 2017

To be somewhat fair, I think cost was the biggest factor in getting hard
drives working with OS-9. I remember my 20 megabyte setup cost around
$2,000 plus interest on that credit card. The Tandy hard drives were
really expensive as well even though they weren't really all that good.
Hard drives started taking off (with the likes of Burke & Burke and
Owlware) a few years later after the prices of hard drives started
falling.