[Coco] CoCo TALK #18 an introduction to OS9

titan1a at juno.com titan1a at juno.com
Sun Jul 23 23:55:35 EDT 2017

My first change to the Coco III would be using Ados 3 in ROM. My second would be including OS/9 (or better) with the computer ala GEOS with the C64C. I then would include BASIC09 with the disk drive or drive controller cartridge rather than the, included, disk BASIC. Remember, later 16/32 bit computers no longer used BASIC in ROM. I'm sure there were a number of people who upgraded their Coco III's to 512K. Mine came from Ebay so equipped. I can only imagine having a full-featured BASIC that didn't quit at 30K! I love full-screen editing and loathe line editing.