[Coco] CoCo TALK #18 an introduction to OS9

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 23:38:10 EDT 2017

I would love to see and hear more about NitrOS9 projects, it's only been on
my radar for literally like a week and a half, but, just coming from
memory, I don't recall hearing or reading about too many OS-9 specific
projects, and more importantly, I'd like to see more people give it a try,
we have the means to run virtual hard drives on the CoCoSDC, in emulators
and on DriveWire, so the ability exists, but I think there's a lot of
reluctance, hesitation, and misconceptions about it, and from my brief
exposure, there's certainly a degree of difficulty getting off the ground
and wrapping your brain around everything from ground zero.

I'm certainly going to do what I can to start compiling information,
resources, stock images, etc., and try and make it easier for myself and
hopefully other previous novices to this system.

While I don't think this is for everyone, and even myself, I don't think
I'd use it daily, I'd like to have a better understanding of it, a lack of
fear, a level of comfort and competence, and then, see what creative sparks
ignite from being able to "just do it" with the OS.

Hopefully more people will take interest and good things will come.  We've
got like almost 150 views on that video already, so it's seemingly a topic
of interest.

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow
Website/Merchandise/CoCo links page:
http://ogsteviestrow.com
Email:  ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Get your "Game Play Goodnes" fix of CoCo and retro videos at:
http://youtube.com/ogsteviestrow