[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 178, Issue 43

Amardeep S Chana asc135 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 11:34:21 EDT 2017

Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 21:35:47 -0500
> From: "camillus gmail" <camillus.b.58 at gmail.com>
> To: "Bill via Coco" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
> Subject: [Coco] keyboards
>
> Hi all,
>
> This is a chance in a lifetime, to get a cheap good BLUE CHERRY SWITCH
> keyboard.
>
> Copy & Paste the link and see for yourself.
>
> I ordered one and will see how hard is is to adapt it to a coco. ( coco3
> in my case )
>

> cb
>

> https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13785&cl=res&utm_
> source=170722_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=
> 13785&utm_campaign=170722_saturday

Thanks for the heads up, but just a couple of points.  The layout is the
European style with the backslash to the left of the ENTER key.

Also, nowhere does it say Cherry in the ad.  Real genuine Cherry made
switches are north of $.60 each in quantity so you'll never see a $40
keyboard made with them.  This is still a pretty good deal, but you're
getting a Chinese knockoff mechanical switch and as long as you're aware of
it, all is well.  I have a few like that and they work just fine.  Plus I
won't cry a tear when they wear out/break.

I know they have PS/2 to CoCo keyboard adapters but I haven't seen USB to
CoCo keyboard adapters  This might be a job for Mr. Raspberry Pi.  :-)

Amardeep