[Coco] Malware in wimgtool?

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Fri Jul 21 19:35:03 EDT 2017

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 19:03:55 -0400
Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

> James Ross wrote:
> > Just curious, does anyone know what is the origin/history of this
> > file? Was it open-source? The closest thing I could find is that it
> > IS/WAS a part of MESSUI? But I can’t find it on the MESSUI site.
> >

> Far as I can tell, the last time wimgtool.exe was distributed was
> with mess136b. I can't find the source code for this old version but
> it might still be available. I'd expect it to build wimgtool.
>
> There is a repository that includes messui0.143u6 source code and
> that might also have source code for wimgtool.
> http://www.progettosnaps.net/messui/
>
> Robert

According to http://www.mamedev.org/oldrel.html, all MESS (only) from
0.1 to 0.147 are available in the MESS repository at:
http://www.progettosnaps.net/mess/

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
...And then visiting our room will be more exciting b/c of the
everpresent danger of having utah fall on your head