[Coco] Linville's ramblings on assembly vs machine code

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jul 12 20:27:41 EDT 2017

It's very possible that a prototype was first written in a higher-level language
and was then used for cross-assembling the first assembly-language version of
itself. It's not called a convoluted solution when the alternative is to write
everything directly in machine code ;-) Especially because you don't want to
debug it as machine code too, and you haven't yet written a debugger/decompiler.