[Coco] Coco Cassette interface help

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Feb 28 19:08:55 EST 2017

Here's a circuit that works.  It does the SMPTE/EBU linear time code for
me which is very similar to the CoCo cassette data.  You can tweak the
50K resistor between pins 1 & 2 on the op amp for different gain
levels.  This circuit will accept a balanced or unbalanced line level
input and will output a nice square wave.  The op amp is a fairly
inexpensive part chosen for it's ability to swing to the rails of the
power supply.

http://retr09.com/images/d-o-t-decoder.jpg

Dave