[Coco] Coco Cassette interface help

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Feb 28 12:07:47 EST 2017

True, the cassette output is designed to be plugged into a MIC in jack
on the tape recorder as I remember.  So the output of the cassette
interface apparently does not generate a signal with enough amplitude to
drive the input of the cassette interface.  Sounds like a job for a
simple op amp circuit where you can experiment with the gain.  A good
book for op amp circuits is Forrest Mims' /Engineer's Mini-Notebook/
here: Engineer's Mini-Notebook
<https://archive.org/stream/Forrest_Mims-Engineers_Mini-Notebook_Op_Amp_Ic_Circuits_Radio_Shack_Electronics/Forrest%20Mims-Engineer%27s%20Mini-Notebook%20Op%20Amp%20Ic%20Circuits%20%28Radio%20Shack%20Electronics%29%281%29#page/n9/mode/2up>.

Look on page 16 for a simple single-supply amplifier to feed the
comparator circuit.

Dave