[Coco] KenTon RGB-DOS floppy issue

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Feb 17 09:59:25 EST 2017

> On Feb 12, 2017, at 2:57 PM, Arthur Flexser <flexser at fiu.edu> wrote:
>
> Like I suggested earlier, Alan ought to try POKE&HFF7F,&H23 to see if that
> gives access to the floppy drive.  It is puzzling that his system worked
> before without it, if indeed the RGBDOS code does not set $FF7F for the
> floppy controller slot.  Could there be a configure program that does
> this?  Or possibly a default Basic program that RGBDOS is supposed to run
> when it boots up that sets $FF7F?

I did not find any POKE in my old AUTOEXEC.BAS file, so I can only assume that, back in the day, I must have swapped out the ROM chip of my floppy controller. If I did, at some point I replaced it with normal DECB and have no idea where the EEPROM went.

I am pretty sure I also remember having a Smartwatch chip installed, and I can find no proof of that either.

Mandela Effect! :-)

Thanks for the info. The explanations on how it is supposed to work make more sense than my memory, so I am siding with the explanations.

		-- A