[Coco] BUG with rbsuper and tc3 drivers

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:36:09 EST 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Tim Fadden wrote:
> On 2/13/2017 12:26 PM, Tormod Volden wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 8:09 PM, Tim Fadden <t.fadden at cox.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> and on the above two the both show the same offset ie. ID.DNS  how do I
>>> know
>>> which one to go by?
>>>
>>> there are settings on both of them I want set. bit 4 on the top I want 0
>>> so
>>> it will not query the drive size, and bit 4 on the bottom I want bit 1 so
>>> it
>>> will use turbo mode. that makes a problem.....  also at the bottom,
>>> sector
>>> size, and scsi ID settings cause a problem.
>>
>> Please explain a bit better, you pasted in a table and it didn't come
>> out so well, and you talk about top and bottom... You're only
>> concerned about the SCSI driver not the IDE. Turbo mode is in ID.DNS
>> and drive query is in ID.TYP.

Alright, I see how you got things wrong. The text between the tables
look like captions, although each refer to the table below it. For
instance adding a colon to each text line would make this more
obvious...

> what happened to the offset value ie. ofs=d202
> Rb Super used to use this for disk partitions. is it picked up by lltc3
> instead?

AFAICS, rbsuper takes care of adding the offset before calling lltc3.

> I do see in the SuperDriver docs how to set the offset for partitions.
> using: wpc and ofs dmode values. I take it this still holds true?

Yes, it should be the same as before.

> Also I read that nitros9 writes the disk info total sectors, sides, etc on
> LSN 0.  Could it be I need to reformat my scsi drives with the new
> distribution for it all to work correctly?

No, I would consider it a serious bug if that would be the case.

Tormod