[Coco] Creating and loading big machine code files into RSDOS

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 13 22:04:24 EST 2017

On 14/02/2017 1:44 PM, William Astle wrote:

> You really do want to avoid loading over Extended Basic. Depending how
> far over it you go, it will crash. If you're careful, you can get away
> with a small amount of overlap but it gets fiddly doing that.

You also need to be careful which pages you load into even outside the
(currently mapped) 64KB address space whilst BASIC is still running. I
found I couldn't use pages $34-35, for example, as simply returning to
BASIC to execute the program corrupted a few bytes on those pages.

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall
<http://retroports.blogspot.com.au>