[Coco] BUG with rbsuper and tc3 drivers

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 02:56:00 EST 2017

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 11:30 PM, Tim Fadden wrote:
> On 2/12/2017 2:12 PM, Tormod Volden wrote:
>>
>> Please try:
>> dmode /sd4 dns=4
>> and see if that gives you the target 4 disk on /sd4.
>>
>> Now why is the dns field and not the drv field used for the SCSI
>> target ID? I must refer to fellow NitrOS-9 developers. This code and
>> the meaning of ID, drv, and dns have been changed back and forth in
>> NitrOS-9 many times, often without any meaningful commit message. What
>> is the master plan? Is the "drv" field reserved for something else?
>> SCSI bus/channel? Or something else in the driver stack? I see mention
>> of PD.DRV in rbsuper.asm as index for Disk Drive Tables.
>>

> 3. I put the new s0_tc3.dd's. SCSI ID's no longer work I see only target 0

So did you try the simple dmode line that I suggested?

> Secondary issue.  accessing multiple custom partitions with custom device
> drivers.
>
> This only works with the original distribution drivers and custom device
> descriptors I created with the proper sector sizes, offsets, etc .
>
> I believe I read some where that rbsuper.dr query's the disk for size?  If
> this is the case, partitioning will not work unless it this feature can be
> turned off.  There probably is, but I have not been able to find mention of
> how.

This is bit 4 in IT.TYP. The format program will use this to decide
whether to query the disk itself or to use the descriptor geometry.
This is explained in the SuperDriver User Manual.

Back to the other thread, I think you had this bit set on the disk.
Where typ=91 this is set, where typ=81 it is not set.

Regards,
Tormod