[Coco] KenTon RGB-DOS floppy issue

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Feb 12 15:57:44 EST 2017

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

> Yes, it will make a Big difference! You need a floppy controller to access
> floppy disks and the floppy controller will only work if the MPI gives
> access to $FF40-$FF5F by setting the low nibble to the required slot.
>
> The Ken-Ton hard drive controller uses $FF74-$FF77 for scsi drives so that
> is not affected by the MPI slot select.
>
> I can't find anything in the RGBDOS code for the Ken-Ton, that $FF7F is
> set for the floppy controller slot.
>
> With my system, the RGBDOS ROM is in the floppy controller slot4 with the
> Ken-Ton controller in slot3.

Like I suggested earlier, Alan ought to try POKE&HFF7F,&H23 to see if that
gives access to the floppy drive.  It is puzzling that his system worked
before without it, if indeed the RGBDOS code does not set $FF7F for the
floppy controller slot.  Could there be a configure program that does
this?  Or possibly a default Basic program that RGBDOS is supposed to run
when it boots up that sets $FF7F?

Art