[Coco] Before I try to reinvent the wheel, has anyone made a "boot to coco" raspberry pi system?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Feb 7 12:01:45 EST 2017

> On Feb 7, 2017, at 10:44 AM, John Guin <johnguin at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>  1.  Get a Raspberry pi (with Debian or Ubuntu)
>  2.  Install an emulator on Debian
>  3.  Set up a Coco ROM in it
>  4.  Set the OS to boot straight to the emulator
>  5.  Release the image file so others can burn an SD card for themselves

Chris Hawks of HawkSoft did some kind of custom MESS build for his "Pi in a CoCo case" unit. A turnkey image would be useful to those without Linux chops. There are MAME installations (PiMAME and others) which do this for arcade emulation (everything but the ROMs, of course).

Most non-desktop MAME installations use a very old version ("MAME4ALL" is the project, I think) which runs better on small systems like Android, etc. Now that MESS has merged in to MAME, I wondered it it was too big.

But, I ran in to a blog somewhere that showed how easy it was to just download and build the current MAME and run it on a Pi.

I'd be interested!

	-- Allen

PS - I already called dibs on the name "CoCoPi", though.