[Coco] toolshed tools lock up on ?FS ERROR disks

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Feb 6 15:24:10 EST 2017

> On Feb 6, 2017, at 2:05 PM, Arthur Flexser <flexser at fiu.edu> wrote:
>
> You don't really need a disk zapper for this.  Here's a Basic program that
> would copy T0S2 to T17S2:

Ah, I meant for inspecting the disk to look at it. I was thinking I could use DSKI$/DSKO$ to move the sectors (though I bet ColorZap does that too, if it's like dEd).

> 10 DK=256*PEEK(&HC004)+PEEK(&HC005)  'DSKCON exec address

COOL!  - I only saw DSKCON being used in a BASIC program recently, when I was going through old disks and found some software by Joel Hegberg. I do not remember ever knowing how to do that.

This would get around I/O ERROR on a CoCo 1/2 (without the ON ERROR command).

How do you detect an error? I assume there's a status byte you can read somewhere?

		-- Allen