[Coco] KenTon - determining size of SCSI hard drive? (RGB-DOS HD-UTILS)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Feb 6 12:27:32 EST 2017

> On Feb 6, 2017, at 10:33 AM, Mark Marlette <mmarlette at frontiernet.net> wrote:
>
> Allen, SuperDriver will query the drive but requires about a 2004 or newer version of NitrOS-9 v3.xx??

Is the driver in NitrOS-9 the SuperDriver Cloud-9 used to sell? If so, awesome.

There was an RS-DOS utility with RGB-DOS that would do this, but it was not part of the HDB-DOS disk I bought.

For OS-9, I expected there would be a getstat call in the SCSI driver I could use, but I don't have documentation on this.

>  There are bits in the descriptor, etc. To tell the driver to query size. If you have partitions you want to make sure you don't or you won't have your partitions.
>  Check out the documentation of the support section of the Cloud-9 web site
>  There currently is a thread on building scsi driver for the TC^3.   Regards,

I will take a look. Hopefully I can compile that scsiquery command and it will work with the super driver. I am using the KenTon low level driver, and just need to figure this out so I can make sure I have formatted and tested all my SyQuest drives and then I can sell them.

I also am using SuperIDE for the clock! I need to find a clock solution for once I let the SuperIDE go to a new home.

		-- Allen