[Coco] multicomp09 and coco3fpga ports now in NitrOS-9 repo

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 06:13:02 EST 2017

Hello all NitrOS-9 fans,

Thanks to Neal Crook, his ports of NitrOS-9 (both level1 and level2)
for Grant Searle's FPGA-based MultiComp09 computer [1] are now in the
NitrOS-9 repository.

Thanks to Bill Pierce, we also have the port of NitrOS-9 level2 for
Gary Becker's CoCo3FPGA computer [2] in the repository. This includes
code from Gary Becker and Brett Gordon.

Again thanks to Bill, Bud Pass' multipass disassembler "Sleuth" has
been added to the repository. Look for sleuth3.dsk in the development
snapshot folder [3].

The above will be part of the next release of NitrOS-9. For questions
please refer to Bill and Neal. Innocent users beware: The software
might still be experimental and not fully documented.

Bill and Neal remain "sub-tree maintainers" for the respective ports,
so please send your patches and suggestions to them. Together we will
make sure that your contributions find their way to the repository.

When filing bugs in the bug tracker [4], please mention e.g. coco3fpga
or multicomp (mc09) in the bug title so that it gets the right
attention.

A note on the fpgarom.dsk in the snapshot folder: These are tools for
bootstrapping on CoCo3FPGA. This is a DECB disk and not in OS-9
format.

Best regards,
Tormod

[1] http://searle.hostei.com/grant/Multicomp/