[Coco] T.A.G.: The Adventure Generator?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Dec 29 12:02:17 EST 2017

Does anyone remember a program called TAG: The Adventure Generator?

I don’t recall if it was for the CoCo, or something available for other systems. I seem to recall it being a text adventure construction set. Searching the web finds a modern program with that name. I also fund an 80s adventure system that generated graphical RPGs.

When I moved to Lufkin, Texas after graduation in 1987, there was a local guy, Tim Johns (“CoCo Kid”) who had ran an RS-DOS BBS called The Adventure System. It was a user-created adventure game. I later wrote a version of it under OS-9 to run as an online game on my BBS.

I am curious at how the old adventure generators worked, and if Tim’s approach might have actually been an easier way to make sure a game.

		— Allen