[Coco] Replacement for possible bad AT 286 hard drive subsystem

Stephen H. Fischer sfischer1 at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 20 22:02:57 EST 2017

> Some times the older drives will freeze after years of sitting.

Actually being off for a hour can cause the drive stiction (Drive will not
spin).

I hit my Seagate so many times that when it finally failed I opened it up
and the head was following the arm with just one wire connected.

The proper method I learned many years later was to place the drive on the
floor and spin it with your hand.

SHF