[Coco] RTC Needed

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Wed Dec 6 07:00:37 EST 2017

Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 18:34:32 -0800
From: Steve Pedersen <666jacktheknife666 at gmail.com>

So my chances are low bummer, I havent found anything from google yet.
I guess It is not that hard to understand the lack of some vary basic
hardware products for the coco. If 90% of the current coco users are only
interested in playing RSdos games then the demand  for things like serial
ports, mpi replacements ect just is not there.
For my self I Intend to move as much as possible to useing my coco as my
primary computer.
If I could use my coco to telenet for bbsing and find a way to send and
recieve email that Would be a huge step in that direction for me. I can
dream and I can study and work to gain the skills nessary to make some of
these things myself (I hope).
Some of the things you want are available... or at least schematics and boards so you can make them. There is an MPI replacement that was developed by a list member over the last year, but I can't recall any details. There should be serial port board plans/circuit board somewhere!

I used my CoCo as my main computer for as long as possible. I think Delphi was the last computer service to have a true text only e-mail service. Read all my e-mail from them until... I think about 1998. After that it just wasn't practical. The Internet is too graphically oriented to do anything useful with a text only browser. E-mail has pretty much gone the same way, but you might find an acceptable solution for that.
 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548