[Coco] Please remove from the COCO forum

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Fri Aug 25 23:14:22 EDT 2017

On Fri, August 25, 2017 12:35 pm, David Ladd wrote:
> I am sure the list moderator can probably fill in how the detection system
> works to determine if you might be a bot/spammer vs a real person when
> signing up.

Yeah. A pain in the butox. If there's no name attached to start with, it's
rejected (sub instructions) with a request for their real name. Then I look
for each name/email combo. If it doesn't appear in a search (and I try a
couple of them), then it's rejected (sub instructions) with a polite note to
tell me about their CoCo interests to make sure they're not a bot. Nothing is
automatic ... which is why those who hide their name/email combos really can
be an annoying time sink. Worse, though, are nasty responses -- those I reject
even if they are legit because they'll probably be bad-tempered list members,
too.

Dennis