[Coco] Bubble Memory

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Wed Aug 16 09:56:19 EDT 2017

On Tue, August 15, 2017 11:51 am, Sean wrote:
> Someone's got a module on eBay for ~$100, somebody build one!  :-)
> http://r.ebay.com/344WuI

Hahahaha! It needed a set of support chips that were special purpose items
just for bubble memory control.

I don't have the original article anymore, but I do remember what a pain it
was to coordinate the timing (and what whoops we made when it finally
worked!). Also, it was low-level formatted the bubble memory like a disk,
where some bubble areas were bad and had to be avoided. I think the code
printed on the top of the chip identified some of that.

Dennis