[Coco] Word-PAK RS Clone

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Aug 13 14:38:35 EDT 2017

On Sunday 13 August 2017 13:02:47 CoCo Demus wrote:

> I had to se 24x80 because some monitors would not display the 25th
> line due to overscan. Also not all R6545 are the same. I have two here
> and one settings does not work with the other. So I came up with a
> settings that works on both.
>
> Also I figured out how the FF76 is trapped with the 74LS10 and the
> 74LS133 but the FF76+3 (used to write on the RAM chip) I still need to
> find it...

NP, that is decoded as $FF79 where the +2 is decoded as $FF78. Normally
the next 4 byte wide i/o block would start at $FF74, not 76. Because
that tied up 2 i/o blocks, I moved mine to $FF78 so its all in one 4
byte wide block.

Any new designs should be nice to each other, and adhere to the /4 as its
base address.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)