[Coco] Repack power supplies

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Sat Aug 12 22:41:00 EDT 2017

Try something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/picoPSU-60-WI-Wide-Input-Mini-ITX-ATX-Power-Supply-PSU/252989865943?hash=item3ae75effd7%3Ag%3ARScAAOSwFqNZQAu6

  picoPSU-60-WI Wide Input Mini-ITX/ATX Power Supply PSU

FEATURES:
•Tiniest DC-DC ATX design anywhere!
•60 watts / 80 watts peak
•6V-26V wide input
•100% silent, fanless operation
•Over 94% efficiency
•Plugs directly into the ATX connector
•Compatible with Core Duos, VIA C3/C7 or Intel / AMD CPU with V(core)
from 5V rail
•Excellent mini-ITX PSU•Standard 1 year manufacturer's warranty
•RoHS compliant
Dimensions1.25 x 1.75 x .75 (inches)31 x 45 x 20 (mm)

This is only one of them, there are several different ones.
It puts out +/- 5v and 12v.  and most likely fit it your coco case with
a little work.  I have one I use, and is more stable than the original.

Your header says repack.....  So, if your putting it in a pc case, just
use the pc power supply!.  There used to be docs floating around on
how/where to hook it up.  Perhaps a Rainbow article.  I have a 3
repacked this way in a mini tower case. with a 4in1 Disto board.  If you
can't find the information, I can open it up and see what goes where.

Good luck!

On 8/12/2017 4:12 PM, camillus gmail wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 5 Volt build in power supply, but if you want to use the serial port then you need to put in a +12 / -12 Volt. +12 V goes to the 5 volt regulator and the +12V input on the SALT chip. The -12V goes also to the SALT chip. This chip needs this to control serial levels.
>
> The single 5 Volt connects to the power resistor near the SALT chip. But this takes the SALT chip out of the equation ( no control, no safety ). Just do not make any shorts...lol
>
> cb
>
> mail me if you need more info.
>
> cb
> On 8/12/2017 1:53:24 AM, Michael Brant <brant.michael.l at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a coco mobo i need a power supply for. Any suggestions of any to
> use?

Tim Fadden
"Hey Schmidt, don't forget about the six P's.
Proper Preparation Prevents Piss-Poor Performance!"