[Coco] GCC6809 cross compiler, assembler & linker

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 12:06:46 EDT 2017

Hi Guys,
I have been tracking y'all's email conversations about GCC6809.  I didn't know there were 3 different versions of it!  Several years back, I had GCC6809 running in Cygwin originally.  It took while and quite a bit of effort to figure it all out.  I went back and forth on the internet to try to find something that would work.  Ultimately I did get GCC6809 running.  Because of all the difficulty compiling, installing and getting GCC6809 to run on Cygwin, I hadn't even considered trying it again.  That is until now.
So my question is which version of GCC6809 should I try?
Tormod, would your version of GCC6809 compile, install and run successfully on Cygwin and Debian as it does on Ubuntu?
I now have a 64 bit version of Cygwin called Cygwin64 running on my primary Windows 7 installation on my laptop.  I also recently installed the latest version of Debian Linux which is v9.1 if memory serves on an old HP Mini-tower.  It works quite nicely by the way.  I have all 3 serial ports of my MAXI09 connected to the Linux box so I can access the MAXI09 board through my network.  It is quite cool to see that happen.  The Debian Linux box was setup so I would have the same development platform as Lawrence Manning's setup in England.  Having identical  Linux setups makes the software development a lot easier to manage.  So, Cygwin64 and Debian are the 2 Linux installations I would like to put GCC6809 on as soon as I can figure out which one to use.
Tormod, what is your expert opinion as to which GCC6809 package is the best one to compile, install and run an these 2 Linux installations?
I would also be interested in any Linux software that y'all are able to successfully port over to NitrOS-9/OS-9.  Take care my friends.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com
http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/User:Computerdoc