[Coco] Buying EPROMs

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Mon Aug 7 11:42:16 EDT 2017

Here is a good source that is reliable: http://www.bgmicro.com/eproms.aspx
Looks like they have OTPs for a buck apiece.

If you decide to go with windowed EPROMs and want to erase an re-burn
then you can make your own eraser on the cheap.  Find an desk lamp with
a fluorescent tube (can't remember the tube size, maybe 18-inch or
something like that) and then call up a good lighting store and ask for
a germicidal bulb of the same size.  Put the germicidal bulb in the
fixture and use as an eraser.  Position the bulb within an inch or so of
the EPROM window and turn the bulb on for about 10-15 minutes.  Do not
stare at the bulb up close as it's not good for your eyes.  It will also
ionize oxygen in the air and you will smell a slight ozone odor.

Dave